About posting content in selected categories only

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #75791 by winchester
Hi.

I'm very new to FLEXIcontent. I am setting up for frontend article management for a selected group of people to use.

I need this group of persons to only be able to add, edit, delete and publish in 3 specific categories that was set up specially for them. I would like them also to be able to see all the articles (not just the ones they added) in these categories.

Is this possible with FC? And If so, how would I go about getting this done?

Please, any help will be well appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

best regards,

Winchester
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #75793 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Selected Categories
Hello

what you ask is possible
- for Flexicontent, for Joomla article management,
- and in general for any Joomla extension that uses ACL and Access levels, and has frontend submit / edit

You need to read about Joomla ACL (submit + edit)
and about Joomla Access levels (= viewing)

The way to configure this is
1. Create new user group under registered Usergroups with name e.g. "MyAuthors1"
2. In Joomla global Configuration these will have "soft deny" (= NOT SET) for all ACL privileges, so no need to change anything here
3. Click to edit the parent category of the categories at flexicontent category manager
and go to "Permissions TAB"
4. Find and select the usergoup "My Authors", then allow for them the privileges
- create
- edit own

The above is the basic,
you can also give them privilege to publish their owned items (edit state own) (this feature of Flexicontent),
otherwise every change that they make will need to be saved and will wait for approval (this feature of Flexicontent)

About viewing the items will be by default public (viewed by this usergroup and by any guest visitor)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 2 months ago #75796 by ggppdk
Hello

i have made a correction in the above instructions

3. Click to edit the parent category of the categories at flexicontent category manager
and go to "Permissions TAB"

- If the categories are not under the same parent then you will need to edit every category and set ACL permissions

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
5 years 2 months ago #75804 by winchester
Replied by winchester on topic Selected Categories
Hi,

Thank you so much for your help. Somehow though, when I follow you instructions, my user menu (with the links to create and manage the articles) disappeared. I'm not sure if I's missing anything. Any ideas?

best regards,

Winchester

More
5 years 2 months ago #75805 by ggppdk
Hello

Do you mean in frontend ?
with which user did you login ?

if you logged as new user of usergroup "My author", then submit will not appear if user does not have global submit

- Try creating a flexicontent submit menu item and using its defaults
- Make sure that the menu items have access level "Public" or "Registered"

More
5 years 2 months ago #75806 by winchester
Replied by winchester on topic Selected Categories
There's another issue I seem to be having. I'm not finding articles with public access that are now asking for login. It was not like this before installing FLEXIcontent. I tried searching the entire FC configuration, but I just can't seem to find where to fix it. Any idea?

best regards,

Winchester

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline