How could I make multiple favorites?

More
14 years 1 month ago #5289 by djw2
I need to have three favorite options. I tried to copy the favourites field but I got a message telling me that you can't copy a core field. I need three.

I had posted a similar question to this about voting, but I think favourites is what I actually after. I don't need to show the votes, or the stars. I simply need the three option to be present below the article with a tally for how many users have click each option.

It would look like this...

Fav Funny (5) Fav Scary (10) Fav Stupid (1)

I'll then need to be able to sort the articles by these figures. I'll have a link to Best of Funny and the articles with the most favs, or votes will be listed first, same for scary and so on.

So... how could I make this happen? Could I add fields in the database? Rather than simply having favourite, could I make favourite_1, favourite_2, favourite_3, and label them what I want to call them?

Thanks,

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27528 by ggppdk
You cannot copy favorites field, but for voting field there is a new parameter for creating multiple voting characteristics:

(see the tooltip of the new parameter):
You can define extra voting characteristics like e.g. Quality, Speed, Accuracy, etc ... e.g. by entering this:

1##Quality%% 2##Speed%% 3##Accuracy%% 4##Appearance%%

NOTE 1:
The names will be passed through JText ... to allow multi-language support (You can add them to your language files)

Also you can define a label for the main vote, e.g. overall, and when using multiple voting types, it is recommended that you do set such a label

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline