Category Images

More
14 years 1 month ago #4454 by yellowhousedesign
Hi, I've been messing around with the templates for Flexi Content and had a question about the category area. When I'm in the backend, there is an option on the right to choose a category image. I've tried to hack the templates in a way to automatically grab an image that was on my server (in a different place - for example, images/stories/products/windows) but it's pretty dodgy. Is there a way to 'upload' a category image instead of 'selecting' one or change where that category route is? (or the ability to change the folder structure of how deep into the folder structure it can see)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4533 by ewel
Replied by ewel on topic Category Images
I use the Joomla media manager for that - always uploading into images/stories of course because that's where the dropdown takes it's list of images from. Since categories are usually created by people with back-end access, having an extra uploader in FlexiContent wouldn't make much difference to me.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13535 by davidosullivan
Replied by davidosullivan on topic Category Images
I think having an image uploader for categories is actually pretty vital.

Non Tech users can just about learn how to use FlexiContent to the point of creating categories but to have to learn media manager aswell, and actually make their images the right size. No chance.

K2 has REALLLLLLY got it right here. K2 makes it possible for your average user to create categories with images. With FlexiContent no.

I'd really like to fix this if anyone could tell me where to start...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline