Run a pluglin from the template

More
10 years 6 months ago #41641 by nikotome
Hi!

I would like to know how can I run a plugin from the detail template. For example, I've got a plugin that used to display facebook comments If I typed {fcomments} anywhere in the article text.

I've tried creating a new text field and selecting "fcomment" from the Specific plugins only list, and typing fcomment in the "Prefix text of every value" field.

Then I had the new field to the template, but is not working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41643 by ggppdk
Hello

1. did you also enable the trigger content plugins parameter ? if not then please do

2. also try this: enable the above parameter and then SELECT none in the plugin list = trigger all content plugins

3. Test to trigger a different plugin, does it trigger properly?

4. check that your plugin code you have entered by doing (at your frontend view) "view HTML source" in your browser, and then check the code, is it correct?, also copy paste the plugin code that you see here , and also provide a link to the author website

(PS: it is also possible to trigger plugins manually inside a template PHP files, but you don't need this now)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41647 by nikotome
Hi!

1. did you also enable the trigger content plugins parameter ? if not then please do

Yes, Trigger content plugins is set to YES in the Field properties

2. also try this: enable the above parameter and then SELECT none in the plugin list = trigger all content plugins

There is no option to SELECT none from the plugin list. I have tried selecting them all, but no success.

3. Test to trigger a different plugin, does it trigger properly?

No, It looks like none of them are working

More
10 years 6 months ago #41655 by ggppdk
Hello

- use CTRL-click to select none from the plugin list
- do view HTML source in your browser and copy paste the plugin code here and the link to plugin author page
(i ask this to verify that your plugin code is correct)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline