[non FC issue] Erratic behavior of the text area field

More
10 years 6 months ago #40897 by boniaditya
This is in reference to an earlier topic that i have posted - www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=20&t=6849&rb_v=viewtopic

The reason cited for the not working of the html field was the inclusion of html code from the front end which results in permission denied - 403 errors.

But lately I get the same error messages even from the backend of the site - When i try to copy paste a ten to fifteen lines of data i get the following error message from the site -

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.appliedvocabulary.com Port 80

But there is catch when i reduce the number of lines i copy paste to one or two lines - I don't have a problem - It is ok with that - I mean the article is saved without any errors!

I don't understand why this happens - I cannot copy paste more than five to ten lines with html but the same is fine when i copy paste one or two lines??? How do you explain this???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #40900 by ggppdk
Hello

this is happening:

-- some text that you have entered in the HTML editor is triggering a deny (security) rule in apache,
e.g. you have tried to add an <iframe>

-- these security rules are known, and are configured by your host provider

... so you can
1. look at apache log (e.g. via cpanel) or ask your web host provider of this

2. After you do the above, you could go to JCE editor configuration and configure it to automatically remove the offending HTML tag e.g. <iframe> before the data are sent to the server

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #40904 by boniaditya
Hi this time i looked at the code and i checked that it does not have any i frames - please look at the code i am pasting it here; i took the code from the source mode of the content that i have copied

The important concern is that i am able to copy paste this stuff one line at a time - the only problem comes up when i try to copy paste the whole thing at a time!
Code:
<br /> <p class="zw-paragraph heading3" data-header="3" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"> [url=https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&amp;rct=j&amp;q=&amp;esrc=s&amp;source=web&amp;cd=11&amp;cad=rja&amp;ved=0CCYQFjAAOAo&amp;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.takelifeback.com%2Fhegawid%2F&amp;ei=4Aw8UsiIIcSLrQetm4DICA&amp;usg=AFQjCNEimId95o83o5FM4XE8FqBGXAqj6A" style="color: blue; outline: none;" target="_blank]<span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows and Why It Doesn&#39;t</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">&nbsp;- Take Your Life Back</span>[/url]</p> <p class="zw-paragraph" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; text-indent: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 1.2;"> <br /> <span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);"><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Irwin Schiff&#39;s 1985 pictorial introduction to basic&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">economics</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;is made available free on this site. Each page is represented by a .gif image, and any can be&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">...</span>www</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);">.takelifeback.com/hegawid/</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&lrm;</span></p> <p class="zw-paragraph heading3" data-header="3" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"> [url=http://www.europac.ca/recommended_reading_ca" style="color: blue; outline: none;" target="_blank]<span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">Recommended Reading! | Euro Pacific Canada</span>[/url]</p> <p class="zw-paragraph" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; text-indent: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 1.2;"> <br /> <span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);"><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows and Why it Crashes</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;uses illustration, humor, and accessible storytelling to explain complex topics of economic growth and monetary&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">...</span>www.europac.ca/recommended_reading_ca</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&lrm;</span></p> <p class="zw-paragraph heading3" data-header="3" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"> [url=http://home.earthlink.net/~schiffeconomics/" style="color: blue; outline: none;" target="_blank]<span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">Irwin Schiff&#39;s &quot;How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">&quot;</span>[/url]</p> <p class="zw-paragraph" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; text-indent: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 1.2;"> <br /> <span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);"><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;and Why It&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">Doesn&#39;t</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">. by Irwin&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Schiff</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">. This is a copy of a book written by Irwin&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Schiff</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">. Mr.&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Schiff</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;has freely released his coprighted materials&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">...</span>home.earthlink.net/~schiffeconomics/</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&lrm;</span></p> <p class="zw-paragraph heading3" data-header="3" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"> [url=http://themisescircle.org/blog/2012/11/06/how-an-economy-grows-and-why-it-doesnt/" style="color: blue; outline: none;" target="_blank]<span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows and Why it Doesn&#39;t</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">&nbsp;- The Mises Circle</span>[/url]</p> <p class="zw-paragraph" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; text-indent: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 1.2;"> <br /> <span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);"><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">This week the Mises Circle will be diving into capital theory, and what better way to do that than through Irwin&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Schiff&#39;s</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;classic comic book, How&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">...</span>themisescircle.org/.../how-an-economy-grows-and-why-it-do...</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&lrm;</span></p> <p class="zw-paragraph heading3" data-header="3" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"> [url=http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-an-economy-grows-and-why-it-doesnt-irwin-a-schiff/1001221898?ean=9780930374068" style="color: blue; outline: none;" target="_blank]<span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows and why It Doesn&#39;t</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;">&nbsp;by Irwin A. Schiff&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion link" style="text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(102, 0, 153); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold;">...</span>[/url]</p> <p class="zw-paragraph" data-textformat="{" style="margin-left: 0in; text-indent: 0in; position: relative; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 1.2;"> <br /> <span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);"><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Available in: Hardcover. FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25 or more. How an&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-weight: bold;">Economy Grows and why It Doesn&#39;t</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">&nbsp;by Irwin A.&nbsp;</span><span class="zw-portion spell-error" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: red; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">Schiff</span><span class="zw-portion" style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">.</span>www</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: monospace; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 128, 42);">.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-an.../1001221898?...</span><span class="zw-portion" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">&lrm;</span></p>

More
10 years 6 months ago #40905 by ggppdk
Hello

i never said it is <iframe> i said e.g.

AND
i could not possibly know which rules exist in the configuration of web hosting environment

AND
for a non-FLEXIcontent issue i have really taken quite some time to look at it

so looking at what you posted makes little sense/difference, i simply
1. do not know your web server configuration
2. i don't have access to the server log to know which SECURITY rule was triggered
3. this is something to ask your web host provider,

In short you need to do this:

a. Find (by looking at logs which rule caused the deny ACCESS OR by asking your web host provider)
b. Then ask them to remove it OR if they say, that they cannot, then you should not enter that HTML code in your editor, (possibly you can configure JCE to clean it)

finally, THIS TOTALLY not related to FLEXIcontent, it is what you enter inside the editor, (as i said you can configure JCE to clean various unwanted HTML)

Best regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #40908 by boniaditya
Yes I do understand that it is a server based error and that it has nothing to do with flexi content which was quite clear from the previous topic that you have sorted

I am concerned about something different how is submitting code in a form different from directly writing code and uploading it into the server after all the super use must be able to do it! -

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline