Mass Change of Template

More
12 years 3 months ago #22122 by don
Mass Change of Template was created by don
Hi - Just going through the process of upgrading one of my Joomla 1.5.x sites to Joomla 2.5 RTM (via jupgrade).

Everything has worked fine (also upgraded to Flexicontent v2 RC2a r1057) - the only issue that i have is that there are over 1000 articles, all of which are using a template that no longer works in v2.

Is there a way that i can quickly change all of these articles to use the default template (or any template of my choosing for that matter).

As they currently do not display until i go into each one of them and save them. As you can imagine this will take quite some time to do all of them.

Also, for some reason the articles need to be set to a category before saving, even though the category is already shown.

so really just looking for a quick way of modifying these.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22128 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Mass Change of Template
Quick workaround - change the files in that template folder.

For example if you want to use the default template,
replace the files in your template folder with those files.

That will give you the time to update your template.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22142 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Mass Change of Template
This is good idea Ken, replacing the templates files, i have been in a similar situation, and i had used a small php script to remove the template (with same query i could have replaced but i choose to remove it and rely on the template defined in the item's type). I will not recommend this though, unless you are a programmer.

Now i avoid setting template per item and set only the template in the item type, and if i know in advance that i will need to set the template for more than a few items, i consider creating a new item type.

We have plans for implementing copy parameters for items, but we need exclude some parameters from this task. Anyway this is not available now.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.595 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline