Displaying a specific caegory in frontpage

More
14 years 4 months ago #1821 by Lion32
Hello

I am a real joomla noob.. after 12 years of hard code web developing I finally gave up last week for a client of mine and I installed them joomla for their website..

They've expressed a desire to have a special area on the front page, to be able to publish some content there on daily basis...

this content would be a stripped version of an article, displaying only its content (without title, authors, categories, read more links, etc)

and it should be placed on the top of the front page, before other articles...

Now, my solution to their problem would be creating a special category, lets say "FEATURED"... and puit inside their articles...

but each of the articles would have only 1 day of "life"...Start and end date...

and I would set parameters for this category... not to display title, author, vote, icons, dates, etc... only description or content...

I did all that...

now I have 2 major problems:

1. How can I include only this category on top of my joomla FRONTPAGE? And to display only active "article" for that day...

2. Creating an article archive... I managed to add a menu item that links to this category where / blog template... where all archived articles should be listed... the problem is, that This "articles" had only 1 day of life set...

So how can I display all previous articles in this list and in the same time set to display only 1 article in the front page for a desired date?

I am so sorry and I know it sounds very lame problem for many of you pros out there... I know I could solve this problem in pure php in just minutes... but here in joomla I am totally lost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1940 by bsky92
Hi and welcome aboard

Don't worry, every one has began once :)

I am perhaps wrong, but I am not sure your problem is flexicontent related, but it seems to me it's more a joomla problem

on each article, you have on the right side of the administration page of this article two dates, one showing the beginning date of the publication, one telling how long it should be published .... If your clients want it to be changed every day, this is probably not going to be the solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline