Flexicontent Categories load time painfully slow.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10850 by rushinge
For the most part Flexicontent is working quite well and I realize it's a bit slower than stock Joomla. However I'm having a problem with all categories specifically. When I use a category menu link to view a category it's loading time is directly affected by the number of items in that category, including subcategories! For example if I have the structure:

Category1
-Category2
--3 items
-Category3
--4 items

Everything seemed fine until I started adding many items now it's more like

Category1
-Category2
--50 items
-Category3
--750 items

After adding 50 items to Category 2, category1 and category2 both had much increased load times up to almost 10 seconds to load category1 or cateogry2.

After adding 750 items to category3 it became unacceptably slow, load times for category1 ( and probably category3 as well are now more than 30 seconds.

Is there anything about the way Flexicontent works that you think might account for this? It would appear to be doing something somewhat resource intensive for each item in the category (including subcategories!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline