Flexicontent failed to import all of the news sections

More
13 years 7 months ago #10403 by TtfnJohn
OK, this is an oldie but goodie. It happened on my original install of FLEXIcontent. There's a thread around here somewhere, I think in Installation.

Anyway, I tried importing the content and the process errored out.

I was scanning this forum to see if I could find a reason why and I think I got it.

Whatever else was going on the import script failed to create the Section Flexicontent. I have no idea why at this stage but I think I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and try again because I'm reluctant to simply reimport and have to deal with the possibility of whacking out a mess of duplicate entries.

I'm not sure if I should delete the current database or not as I don't know if there's a cross reference there and that's what messed things up. I'm not sure if there's a cross reference table in the database that shifts between FLEXI and com_content.

Something like that would point me to a database timeout as the cause of my original error.

Ain't trouble shooting grand? :)

If anyone sees this in the next couple of hours and has some advice I'll be glad to read it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10417 by TtfnJohn
Looking at the directories under the component it looks as though there was a small failure during the installation that resulted in none of the xml files for the models directory being installed. Now that's a gotcha! And it seems to explain why items.php fails on line 488. It's re install time and whack the data tables as well. I suspect a timeout in the installation. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. :evil:

BTW, some servers don't like a compressed file within a compressed file which is was a tar.gz is, at least all the ones I've encountered in Joomla. Extract the tar and use that as the install base and things should work out fine. :D

ttfn

John

More
13 years 7 months ago #10441 by micker
hello if you have problme to install on serveur ..
the solution
akeeba backup on you site
install in local
install flexicontent and manage this
re akeeba
install in serveur
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10451 by TtfnJohn
Thanks for your response micker.

Ran through it all again and the same error occured, though the xml files did make it back in on installation and this time it did create a Flexcontent section. Well, it created four of them, in fact.

This is the code in items.php that it's erroring out on at line 1488:
Code:
// Get the category default parameters in a string $xml = new JSimpleXML; $xml->loadFile(JPATH_COMPONENT.DS.'models'.DS.'category.xml'); $catparams = new JParameter('');

I'm not a php guy by any means but it seems that there's an attempt to set a new varible new JSimpleXML then load a the file in the next line and fails on the JPATH etc construction.

Any idea what's causing that?

The result is that there seems to no way to manually bring in what's been left out as a result of this error. At least none that I can see.

Worse, perhaps, is that in changing it in the congfiguration replaces what's already been brought in. (Worse from my perspective, certainly.) This does make things difficult when some components like CorePHP's WordPress MU component want to create their own section and categories.

Is there any advice you can give me on that? Or on the error thrown?

BTW, Firebug doesn't report any problems,

Thanks again.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10467 by micker
sorry i am not a dev ... i can't help you ...
sometimes it's a php time execution probleme ... some serveur have a limit .. and flexicontent is big component ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10517 by TtfnJohn
Not to worry.

I can check back with the server about time limits and see if I need to increase a variable or two.

I'll get it to work one way or another :)

ttfn

John

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline