Allow users to create their own Category or Sub-category

More
13 years 7 months ago #10379 by gege
Hello. I hope everyone's doing well. :-)

This component is absolutely awesome. And even moreso to me because I already had a lot of content.

Anyway, is there a way to allow users to add Categories from the frontend? I know that on the "Item submission form", a user can select which category they want their article to go into. But is there a way to allow for the addition of a New Category that a user can select their article to show up in?

For example, if I had a Section called "Politics" and I wanted the user to be able to click the "Item Submssion Form" and add a New Category OR New Sub-Category which would appear under that "Politics" Section?

You know, let the user decide what the category will be called under which they can then add a number of articles for the new category they created?

Is that even possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10380 by micker
hello in fact it's not possible but try to post in request forum ...
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline