not authorized to execute this task

More
14 years 1 month ago #5197 by tonyg
OK, I am getting very frustrated with FLEXIaccess. I just upgraded my FLEXIcontent beta to v1.5.2 and also installed FLEXIaccess. I keep getting a (seemingly) random error "You are not authorized to execute this task. Please contact an administrator." This is not making sense to me because I am able to edit SOME items in SOME categories, then randomly I am not able to edit anything. Please review the attached images, even when I give the group what appears to be full permissions, I still cannot edit these items.

Please advise what the problem might be as I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

Thank you, Tony
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5390 by vistamedia
Hi,
In the first screen, the group you granted permissions is authorised to do evrything in flexicontent. But did you allow it the flexicontent component itself (in the component pane?)
Does I suppose the user of the third screen doesn't belong to you staff group?
There is a bug on global article permissions a fix was posted here : www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=5...rb_v=viewtopic#p4474
Hope it will help,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5472 by tonyg
Hello, thank you for your reply. All screenshots here are permissions for the "staff" group.

You mention enabling FLEXIcontent in the component pane? I think this is the problem... I do not have an option to enable FLEXIcontent in the component pane. I am assuming FLEXIcontent should appear below FLEXIaccess in the "Backend permissions" component section yes? Please review the screenshots and advise why I am not seeing FLEXIcontent here?

I did follow the FLEXIaccess install instructions to ensure the plugins were published in the correct order. Thank you for your time.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #5473 by tonyg
Please also note, in order to see if I could get the FLEXIcontent option to appear in the FLEXIaccess Component section, I just tried to do a fresh install on a test site of both FLEXIaccess and FLEXIcontent, and I am getting the following errors in the head of my admin site (above the top menu)
Code:
Warning: array_push() [function.array-push]: First argument should be an array in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php on line 1305 Warning: array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #1 is not an array in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php on line 1308 Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php on line 1338 Warning: array_push() [function.array-push]: First argument should be an array in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php on line 1305 Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #1 is not an array in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php on line 1310 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /usr/share/joomla15/joomla_sandbox/administrator/modules/mod_famenu/helper.php on line 229
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #5474 by tonyg
I have found one more issue to bring to your attention that may be of concern - I have noticed some of the files are DOS text files (with ^M at the end of the line) rather than UNIX. I don't know if this matters or not. Specifically "/plugins/system/flexiaccess/flexiaccessclass.php" was DOS.

Lastly, I logged out and logged back in to my test site with the fresh install, now the array errors are gone, but I still see no option to enable FLEXIcontent in the Components backend section. Thank you.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5478 by vlester
Hello,
I have the same problem. I use the latest version of FlexiContent and the first version of FlexiAccess on a website online.
I have an administrator account ("Steph") and I grant him all the permissions for all contents and components. When I connect as an administrator, I can see all the list of the items, I can create items and pubish them but I can't re-edit them or edit items created by the Super Admin. When I try that, I 've got this error : "You are not authorised to view this resource." which is not a flexicontent message but comes from a joomla file (administrator/language/en-GB/GB.ini)

I tried a new fresh install of Joomla on local, and just installed Flexicontent and Flexiaccess but I had the same issue.
Then I've just tried tonight, always on a local site, to install the new version of FlexiAccess but now it's getting worth : I can't even go to the dashbord of Flexicontent. Indeed, as tonyg says, in this new version, Flexicontent doesn't appear in the list of components of FlexiAccess.

As it doesn't work neither on line or on a new fresh joomla install on local, and that it seems to work for other people, I guess I must have missed something in the configuration.
I join the screenshots of the configuration of the administrator account, hopping you could have a look...
Thanks a lot
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline