Hey guys I made a small edit to the core files

More
13 years 8 months ago #9425 by orchid1
Hi Guys I made a small edit to the core code for a client. I think it might be good enough for the next release of the component. Emmanuel probably has this in some form or another but I added this. It's not a big deal really but it does add the ability to pre-filter a category by TYPE.
my client was making several categories like

Health
.......Nutrition
................News
................Blogs
................Products

.......Sports
.............News
.............Blogs
.............Products

.......Education
................News
................Blogs
................Products

The problem is that my client has to create many similar categories with the same name (i.e. "News", "Blogs","Products") so he asked me if he couldn't just pre-filter a category by [TYPE]
that way he can create several menu items to the same category but have items limited by only one [Type]

this way he would only create the unique categories (i.e. "Nutrition", "Sports", "Education")but never have to create duplicate similar categories to hold the same [TYPE] of data. My client only has to assign Items to a [TYPE] in a unique category and set the pre-filter in the menu item.

Here are the edits
[attachment=0:703btctw]<!-- ia0 -->pre_filter_4_category_view_flexicontent.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:703btctw]

I have included a screen shot and some documentation in the attached zip file I really hope this is useful to someone else and maybe it gets incorporated into the next release(?)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9490 by micker
cool thanks !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline