EDocman integration

1 year 8 months ago #63474 by othbert
For reference and in case anyone stumbles across this again...

I found the cause of the problem I was having with modules being loaded multiple times. It all stemmed from my particular setup although I can imagine I'm not the only person to have attempted to use FLEXIContent in this manner.

My structure is as follows:
Template1: Category template without any styling. Item template without any styling.
Templates a,b,c,d,e.... : Item templates used to render each item called from Template1 with it's own specific layout.

Types are assigned to their relevant positions in the a,b,c,d,e templates. I thought I had to assign them to the Category view in Template1 too, in order to allow them to "pass through" to the item templates. Turns out that is where my issue is. Basically, they must only be positioned in the item templates, the category view of template1 should be blank.

Not a great job of explaining it, but a simple enough fix in the end.

Cheers again for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #63500 by ggppdk
Hello

ok about the steps on replicating the issue with the modules, in your last message

but i do not understand the issue
Can you repeat what is the issue ?
you get blank display, wrong display ?

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #63519 by othbert
Hi there,

The issue was that the module code was being loaded twice, although it was only being displayed once.
The display was fine, but I had a module utilising com_ajax which adds a script declaration when it is accessed in order to call the ajax.

This is how I noticed the modules were being accessed twice although correctly only displaying once... I couldn't understand why I was receiving multiple ajax calls when the module would display only once ;)
So I guess my issue was quite an edge case, but naturally, if the module is called twice, calls to add scripts or styles will be added to the joomla document object even if the output buffer isn't echoed!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.