Copying categories

More
12 years 5 months ago #21031 by Rooney
Copying categories was created by Rooney
Hi, copying categories would be a big help especially for larger directories. Another feature would be mass creation of items and categories...

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #21033 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Copying categories
Something like this for FC would be great!

www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/oscontent/

Rooney

More
12 years 5 months ago #21036 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Copying categories
we have the massive item copy feature,
e.g. you filter your items by a category and or some other filter and then copy them to a target category.

You mean to duplicate category structure including their items?

There are reason that you would want to do this, what is your reason for doing it, maybe i can suggest an alternative.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #21037 by Rooney
Sometimes, when one creates a larger directory, let's say with 200 categories many of them subcategories, it is very helpful to first create all the categories and fill them with items later. Or to mass create items, because the actual process of item creation takes time. Open, assign, save, Open, assign, save, Open, assign, save.... I rather create 10 articles with one saving, even if I only put in a item title first and work on the contents later. Just a matter of workflow.

The component I linked to also offers a mass assignment of categories and items to menus. As long as there is no tree module (menu module) available it is a pain in the ... to assign 200 links manually to a menu!

Rooney

More
12 years 5 months ago #21055 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Copying categories
For creating a menu tree with links to FC items, you could use a module that creates links to joomla articles, these links will be redirected to the FLEXIcontent items view. Of course the limitation is that it the menu will not be aware of the category tree, since joomla v1.5 has no tree for categories.

I guess, we could create such a module ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #21057 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: I guess, we could create such a module ...

Well, this would be great ;-) , but copying categories would also be nice.

Sorry for all this questions. I have used FC in the past and changed to Zoo, because I felt that the FC development was not very active anymore. I believe that changed. Now I have a new project, work quite intensively with FC and that's why I am running in situations, where I find bugs or miss features.

Rooney

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline