Conflict with Docman

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84665 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Conflict with Docman
Georges,
I give you the answer from the developper to help you understand the issue :

DOCman runs on Joomla 3 and 4, compatibility for Joomla 5 is already finished and about to be released. This means that our code sometimes makes version checks, and sometimes it looks for precise classes to decide and act upon ... the problem introduced by Flexicontent is that since they say ... well JEventDispatcher is no longer available since Joomla 4, let's define it again for our convenience ... the BIG problem is that they are changing the API by making it implement a different interface. JEventDispatcher is now effectively an alias class from the current Joomla\Event\Dispatcher class because of the code I've pointed out. This is very bad practice in an environment where you have code running from different vendors and also providing compatibility for different Joomla versions. If there's code looking for JEventDispatcher and ends up finding it ... the code assumes that JEventDispatcher should in fact behave as JEventDispatcher ... instead JEventDispatcher is now behaving as Joomla\Event\Dispatcher because of Flexicontent.

I hope this helps clarifying things.

So, so far, the JEventDispatcher is not existing in J4 or J5 and still declared in Flexicontent, this causing this issue ?

Sorry Micker, but this is a coding issue from Flexicontent using a class not used anymore if I understand well and maybe Georges will understand more this issue.

Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84666 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Conflict with Docman
Jrequest update IS planned in next version but not sure that the solution for this issue
Need more Time to investigate
Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline