Conflict with Docman

More
5 months 1 hour ago #84653 by Chabi01
Conflict with Docman was created by Chabi01
Hi Georges,
On J4, last version of Flexicontent, I have also Docman.
I have contacted the Docman team and they have found an issue with Flexicontent code, I paste their answer here :
Hello Xavier,

Thanks for the FTP access. I've performed a search inside your installed components and found this =>

drops.arunasmazeika.com/Screen-Shot-2023-11-27-12-16-48.42.png

The Flexicontent component is responsible for the issue you are experiencing ... as I've said, they are defining their own JEventDispatcher class which is a big NO NO NO ... you don't do this unless you have absolute control of the environment where the code is running. I understand why they've done it but you do not define a Framework class like this, knowing that there might be code relying on checks against it.

I encourage you to contact them and ask them if they are willing to fix it ... this in no case a problem with DOCman itself.

You can test that all works perfectly if you disable all of the flexicontent extensions (plugins, etc.) in the extensions manager.
This cause an issue in backend when I'm trying to change information in a Docman document.

Can you help me or tell me if this code can be changed in Flexicontent ?

Thank you Georges :)
Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84658 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Conflict with Docman
hello sorry to understand it but i am disapointed by reply.. flexicontent works with many many component that the only one that say this ... without any explain about the error or the problem difficult to help you
we works on new code working with joomla5 with compatibility plugin but need time ..
maybe we can check if we can change this

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84660 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Conflict with Docman
Hi,
Sure, Flexicontent works with many extensions, but I encounter an issue with Docman.

On changing a category or access rights on an existing document in Docman (in backend), I have an issue shown :

0 Call to undefined method JEventDispatcher::trigger()

I ask then to the Docman team to check what is wrong and they found this issue and told me this is on the Flexicontent code and show me the file administrator/components/com_flexicontent/defineconstants.php where at line 105 - 115 there is the JEventDispatcher possible issue.

My question for Georges is then if there is a possibility to have a workaround to avoid this issue.

For the record : Joomla 4 last version, Flexicontent last version, PHP 8.0

Best,
Xavier

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84661 by micker
Hello
Without edocman impossible to débug this

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84662 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Conflict with Docman
Docman, not Edocman.

Georges ?

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #84663 by micker
Sorry docman
About georgios as i know hé IS fully if works
We need this extension to understand or ask to they an ex of solution

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline