Limitating number of creating/publishing articles 09-13-2023

More
11 years 1 month ago #34772 by ggppdk
Yes these, are very good for subscriptions site,

but the maximum number of content limitation is better assigned to the user-group
... to avoid assigning it to every individual user ! (and save time ...)

User management with Content Limitations same as Content Limitation for Author will be in v2.0.2 (or later)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36123 by brandonking
Hello,

Content Limitation is just the beginning.. and I LOVE IT. :D
Still there are some more step to go I guess..

1. General unauthorized view URL (in FC component config)

I have a few different type of contents, e.g. used car, real estate and so on and I want to make different Unauthorized page for each TYPE.
At the moment, I can only set a SINGLE Unauthorized Page(General non Authorized Viewing) in Global config... I guess it would be very nice if we could set Unauthorized Page for each TYPE, thus if no Unauthorized Page found in TYPE then will be linked to Unauthorized Page in Global config.

but the maximum number of content limitation is better assigned to the user-group
... to avoid assigning it to every individual user ! (and save time ...)

I understand that content limitation assigning to each user group will be very useful and I will need this as well but please keep the content limitation assigning to each author as well. For example, in RealEstate user group, RealEstate A wants to pay only for 10 contents and RealEstate B wants 20 contents.

I have new request regarding this feature.
I want to select TYPEs while setting content limitation for author.
For example, RealEstate A is an author of real estate and also RealEstate A can create contents for other TYPE as well, like Blog or something. Because of contents limitation, RealEstate A now can not create contents for Blog. So it would be nice to have a dropdown to select multiple TYPEs in Author setting.

Hope I made myself clear :D
Best wishes,
Brandon

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36126 by ggppdk
Yes these limitation of content type are planned

For now please test v2.0.2 RC
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 1 week ago #36135 by brandonking
I have already installed it from svn. :D
By the way, I would like to display maximum number of articles limitation and number of articles created for current loggedin user on side Login module position by using NoNumber Sourcerer.
So can you please tell me which file has articles limitation source code?

Best Regards,
Brandon

More
11 years 1 week ago #36136 by brandonking
For the displaying maximum number of articles limitation and number of articles created for current logged in user.

Maybe It's better to create NEW menu item (Author Account Info) to display maximum number of articles limitation and current number of articles created with other statistic, like item all the published/unpublished item lists with item hits, number of comments and so on.

This way, we can link Unauthorized Page to NEW menu item (Author Account Info) and authors will be able to check his/her all contents status.

What do you think?

More
11 years 1 week ago #36138 by ggppdk
Hello,
i think to display limitation in my items view , better next to the "Add new content" link

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline