Field groups in Templates

More
14 years 6 months ago #301 by pepperstreet
Hello again,
i tried to figure out the usage of the "field groups in template" section... please can you give a little tutorial or visual explanation for this area? (see attachment)
It seems essential for me to reveal the full power of the extra fields and different layouts.

Thanks for listening.

(not sure if this topic should go into another child forum? Please, feel free to move this post)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #312 by vistamedia
Hi,
The bad news, is that the templating system has changed in the upcoming beta 4.
But the good news is that the templating system has changed for a 1000x better one, that will have basically the same features than Joomla's core templating system.
Concerning your question, the fields are loaded by positions. So if you want to display a field somewhere in the content, you have to affect it to an available position (top, bottom, a.s.o.).
I will write a tutorial very soon ;-)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline