Migration roadmap, from J!1.5 to J!2.5

More
12 years 1 month ago #22381 by TheSoMeEx
Great! Thanks! *smiles*

I was sad when it got behind there for a while.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #22493 by agnesch
Hello all,

I'm just adding to this thread because I need to update the website for my small business and my boss would like to know when this will be possible.

As I already have the website with Flexicontent 1.5.4. (on Joomla 1.5.23), I'm basically waiting only for the update of Flexicontent for Joomla 2.5 to start the migration.

Could you please tell me if you have a precise date when the new version will be available?

More
12 years 1 month ago #22497 by micker
actualy not we work to finisher 1.5.6 and 2.0 and after we plan migration ... no date
stay connected

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #22856 by tonnick
Do you have any date at least for flexicontent to be reday for joomla 2.5 ? maybe we can begin to prepare new web based on 2.5 and once the migration ready, we'll migrate data from 1.5 to 2.5

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #22857 by TheSoMeEx
Honestly, I LOVE flexicontent, but it worries me that it is so far behind the development cycle.

The lack of response and slowness is why I haven't used it in many projects lately and why I actually defected back to K2 for a project of my own, where I had hoped to use FC.

It doesn't build confidence that FC is still not 2.5 ready, and makes me feel like developing with it will end up leaving me stuck eventually.

It's too bad. I think it's the most logical and flexible option available.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #22870 by ggppdk
mmm, FLEXIcontent is more feature rich and flexible than K2, which is great component too, although K2 has much more 3rd addons than FLEXIcontent.

We have given more time to improving existing features/performance and adding new features to FC mainly because we use it for our projects,
rather than working on J1.7/J2.5 version (which believe me we spent countless hours on it too)

For example the ultra powerful alpha-index:
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... index.html

OR the new very powerful universal flexicontent module ... now features improved styling, mores powerful SCOPEs, Applying Configuration per category !!!, support for listing recent added favourites and other ...

OR the vastly improved category view in performance and features with support for full-page joomla caching

Enhancements in fields like in select field that allows us to Create automatic linking to joomla contact Form
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... -form.html

OR The new improved directory view

OR support for creating Author views (now added to J1.7/J2.5 version too) and support of MY items

FOR J2.5 the ACL enhancements go much further than just the standard core.* ACTIONs, will add more in FC v2.1 too.

many other enhancements ... i cannot write now

WHAT IS BAD is that we donot yet have the final version of v1.5.6 for J1.5 and for J2.5

But this week we are testing for final version of v1.5.6/v2.0 , start of next week we have a final version ... even if it has a few bugs

Also we need more FAQ articles so that user will know more of the potential of old and new features of FLEXIcontent.

Regards

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline