Can't access FLEXIAccess download page

More
11 years 6 months ago #28911 by simonerom
Hi,
I have just registered but, while it seems I can login to the forum and post messages, when I go to the FLEXIAccess download page I get

"Please Login into an account that can access this page."

error, and the "Logout" menu link change into "Login".

It is not clear to me if it is needed to pay some kind of subscription or whatever to download FLEXIAccess, or not.

I want to try FA, in order to clarify if it resolves other ACLs issues: in fact, with other ACLs, while you can set users and groups, those privileges are not applyed to some content views, like category or article listings.
They allow me to separate contents by users in the way thate if the user A try to access the content or a categories that belong to the user B, then the user A gets an error. The problem is that the user A can still visualize the content that he has no read access to, in the form of category listing or article titles listing!

I would like to create a category named "Customer One" where only users A can enter, and a category named "Customer Two" where only user B can enter, at the same time in the category listing I don't want any customer to know about each ather!

Thanks for your support,
Simone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #28912 by micker
hello
FA isn't free...you nedd to subscrib it
www.flexicontent.org/memberships.html
we didn't have demo version sorry

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 6 months ago #28918 by simonerom
Hi Micker,
thanks for your kind reply.

The subscription is not a problem, just can you answer about the feature that prevents the listing of categorise and contents to a user/group that is not allowed to read it? Or is the "access control" only applied at the moment the user try to access the category/content?

thanks,
Simone

More
11 years 6 months ago #28922 by ggppdk
You mean, that you want the category views not to list "unauthorized items" (Content items the user/guest cannot view) ?

There is a setting for this in FLEXIcontent global configuration

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 6 months ago #28925 by simonerom
Exactly.

More
11 years 6 months ago #28927 by ggppdk
You can disable the listing of content items that the users cannot view in Global configuration:
disable show unauthorized items, just if you use FLEXIaccess you can have much more Viewing Levels by using FLEXIaccess groups

NOTE: FLEXIaccess if for FLEXIcontent v1.5.6 for J1.5,

for J2.5 all ACL functionality is included with FLEXIcontent v2.0 for J2.5

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline