Category tree module for FC 2

More
11 years 3 months ago #32497 by brandonking
That sounds very easy. I have found one category module,
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...s-a-categories/20309

I will try it and let you know.

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #32517 by Rooney

brandonking wrote: Have you found the module compatible with Joomla 2.5 and FC 2?

I have used FC module to show the category titles. Live in action. The References module lists all categories of a parent category: www.muenstermann.com/en/overview/references.html

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 3 months ago #32518 by brandonking
Thanks for reply, Rooney.

I just have modify a free module(articles_subcategories) found in JED to meet my needs and working great.
This module allow users to click from dropdown populated with sub-categories and users can even access it on category view and item view as well. With this users can go to other sub-category without accessing from menu again.

Thanks ggppdk, without your guide I can never touch source file. :D

Best wishes,
Brandon

More
11 years 3 months ago #32539 by ggppdk

Rooney wrote:

brandonking wrote: Have you found the module compatible with Joomla 2.5 and FC 2?

I have used FC module to show the category titles. Live in action. The References module lists all categories of a parent category: www.muenstermann.com/en/overview/references.html

Rooney

NOTE (i have finished 3 last things to add to final version)
1. for subcategories of category view,
we already implemented (common request)
a. is prefix/suffix/separator/open tag/close tag
b. image and description support

so now you can create a customized display of subcategories

2. Related items/Related item backlinks was also enhanced with:
a. is prefix/suffix/separator/open tag/close tag
b. custom HTML layout parameter where you can even define to display any field e.g. image field, favorites etc

3. ** Custom field filter display as
a. select drop down (we had this already)
b. text field
c. 2 select field RANGE
d. 2 text field RANGE
e. single toggle buttons (like radio)
f. multiple toggle buttons (like checkbox)

** Number 3 is implemented only for text field, it needs a little more work to add to other fields

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 2 months ago #44618 by uwwandrew
I set a prefix for subcategories which works in the component but does not show in the universal module. I have a check in all the different view for category rules (in the module) and still nothing. Am I missing something. I really need to get a tree view of categories/subcategories to finish the project.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #46371 by Rooney
Hi, I have the module live in action. With the latest version (I have a manual fix but it should be implemented in the latest beta) there is even a css definition for active item or category. Live in action: www.muenstermann.com/en/overview ... ucers.html . The upper menu on the left side is a Flexicontent universal module.
Could you post your settings?
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline