Create and link custom field 'Author' to CB user profile

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #73620 by alog
Hello,
many thanks it works great !  
but yes i have to re-save all items :(
I'm revisiting the translation issue for value suffix on frontend, i'd like to resolve it but language strings don't seem to work ? 
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by alog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #73637 by micker
did you actived language string option in display tab ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #73638 by ggppdk
Hello

BETTER solution
- no need to edit / re-save items
- you can easily use translations
- you can easily customize it in the future

You can just
1. Create a new field of type 'text' and name it "Author profile 2"
2. Create 1 custom layout for the 'text' field type and name it 'value_author_profile.php'
3. Add in it
Code:
<?php echo '   <a href="index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category&layout=author&authorid= ' . $item->created_by . 'alt="' . JText::_('MY_STRING_THIS_AUTHOR_CONTENT') . '">' . JText::_('MY_STRING_MORE_CONTENT_FROM_THIS_AUTHOR') . '   </a>'; ?>
4. Edit the field "Author profile 2"and select the layout (inside the viewing TAB) 'value_author_profile.php'
5. Add new field in a template position of the ITEM layout (that your items are using for being displayed)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #73648 by alog
Hello,
it sounds good.. Thanks for the hint.
I have just attempted  to create a new custom layout 'valueauthor_profile.php' for the FC 'text' field type in:
 /plugins/flexicontent_fields/text/valueauthor_profile.php

but my new custom layout 'valueauthor_profile.php' is not found underneath 'default' layout selection.

Besides i'm not be able to create and edit a new text field = error page ...  with url :  /en/administrator/index.php.   (??)
what do it happens ?

More
5 years 9 months ago #73649 by ggppdk
Hello

i forgot the underscore,
filename should be

value_author_profile.php
instead of
valueauthor_profile.php

about saving the new field, and having this redirection to
 /en/administrator/index.php. 
it is some custom rule in your server , same problem occurs when you try to edit a file with phoca commander too and you click close

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #73690 by alog
Hello,
I find this method most viable, but sorry, it does not work...
as described i created a custom layout for the 'text' field type and (re)name it 'value_author_profile.php'
then I'm trying to set layout but the new layout 'value_author_profile' doesn't appear on the drop down select in the values layout. Only default layout value is present.
Any ideas?

And should we add add Prefix/Suffix values and removed space as suggested in the FAQ article ?
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline