Hiding Fields in FLEXIcontent

More
9 years 6 months ago #49391 by iamrobert
I have been reading this:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue ... t-template

So - I had some ideas about hiding fields when entering items using CSS such as:

+ Language - the site I am designing is one language - so let's hide it
+ Featured - we don't use it
+ Compatibility - I always use FLEXIcontent - why do I need compatibility?
+ Icons - nope
+ Keywords - no search engine uses it
+ Tags - don't use

To implement:
1. In file:
administrator/components/com_flexicontent/assets/css/flexicontenbackend.css

add a line:
Code:
@import url('iamrobert.css');

I also modified the
administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/item/tmpl/default.php file - so I could call css classes.

2. upload the css file in the zip to the same directories.

[attachment=0:277aonet]<!-- ia0 -->iamrobert.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:277aonet]

3. the code is commented with what is removed - so you can change it all you like - I haven't fully tested it - but it seems ok.

Finally when you create template files everybody should be using html5 - so change in your xml file to type hidden.
Code:
<field name="htmlmode" type="hidden" default="1" label="FLEXI_HTML_MODE" description="FLEXI_HTML_MODE_DESC" filter="int"><option value="1">FLEXI_HTML5</option></field>

I am sure there is a better way to do this - but this seems quick.

Cheers,

Robert
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49395 by micker
good idea i have some idea about this => create a light mode with specific template
your modification is cool but not compatible with upgrade
=> use override option
administrator/template/isis/html/com_flexicontent/item
and create your default.php + your css
all will be good !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 6 months ago #49399 by ggppdk
Hello

in r1932 and more in r1955

you (via frontend item form configuration and content type ACL/params) can hide (or appear as locked disabled)
- language
- categories
- tags
- some icons
- Featured (in component params)
- compatibility TAB (disabled backend redirection in for Super Admins in advanced Route plugin and visit Joomla article manager "Options" to disable images and icons)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 6 months ago #49413 by micker
this is my proposition for lighter admin (items and item view)
[attachment=0:3vn0mwwc]<!-- ia0 -->com_flexicontent.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3vn0mwwc]
usage :
in your template admin in html folder
upload this content

need more work on css but it will be good
waiting your return

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #49418 by iamrobert
Hi Micker,

Thanks for this - I think its clearer and simpler. I also love your new admin module.

My only suggestion for the search would be to give it the option of search all - its a powerful feature.

I also think we need a universal clear. Something like this:
awesomescreenshot.com/0863hzqjaa

I will have a look in the next week and give my design of it.

My new favorite feature in FLEXIcontent is the ability to set categories for item type - I just discovered this today.

The items left on my FLEXIcontent wishlist are:

+ a way to automatically add items to menu to a category - I am using nonumber add to menu - but clients sometimes struggle.

+ Modular content blocks - something where clients can add a block (Idea: www.newfangled.com/the-way-you- ... to-change/ ) eg image, a quote, a gallery:

+ madebymany.github.io/sir-trevor-js/example.html
+ buildwithcraft.com/

JCEditor is too limiting/complicated when you try to let clients do responsive design.

Cheers,

Robert

More
9 years 6 months ago #49420 by micker
your idea about search is a good idea ! i will test it

iamrobert wrote: My only suggestion for the search would be to give it the option of search all - its a powerful feature.

=>performance and prescision will be worth

for jce you can hidde many button easly ... i think abilty to put image of image field in deszcription will be great feature (with selection of size)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline