Does the search and advanced search works?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #23515 by Tangooo
Thanks for the RC4 btw.

But the Fatal error: Cannot access protected property FLEXIcontentViewSearch::$_models in /.../components/com_flexicontent/controller.php on line 1195 still remains.

Does somebody have a quick fix ?

Or how to fix it manually ?

Tahnks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #23538 by micker
Please do note use double poste ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #23595 by hede
I face exactly the same problem. I disabled all the Joomla search plug-ins and put the FLEXIadvsearch Module into action. All I get is a blank page with:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property FLEXIcontentViewSearch::$_models in ...\components\com_flexicontent\controller.php on line 1195

Both of the FC plug-ins are enabled (Search - Flexicontent standard search + ADV Search - FLEXIcontent)

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #23602 by ggppdk
There were 2 important and complicated things that need fixing and a lot of work in v2.0, the permissions (take a look at how many we have, i really tried to make descriptions friendly on them) and the advanced search view (=> search inside various flexicontent fields).

The permissions were fixed, the advanced search view is not yest, BUT , you can use flexicontent standard search plugin, it has many options too, you cannot search all types of fields but you can search with it:

Types, Title, Description, Tags, Text fields, limit to language, include unauthorized items (create links and then require login)

So for now use Joomla component com_search and make sure that these are disabled:
1. Joomla content search plugin
2. FLEXIcontent advanced search plugin

leave enabled only:
FLEXIcontent standard search plugin

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #23612 by hede
I get search results only when I enable the Joomla plug-in "Search - Content" as well.

Apart from that I think it would be better to make FC work with Joomla's new "Smart Search". Otherwise we need to have two search boxes on the website - one that finds FC content and one for Joomla content and other third party components which support "Smart Search".

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #23614 by micker
actualy we finished to fix advenced search for joomla 2.5
i think we do a plugin for smart search for next release
;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline