Does the search and advanced search works?

More
12 years 5 months ago #19637 by ggppdk
For enhancing joomla regular search with fields besides title and description and for getting SEF links check this thread:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #20232 by pshoeg
Right now, when I use the FlexiContent search I get no results at all — either text nor title field are advanced searchable, I just get 0 results whatever I search for.

When I search using the advanced search view I just get a list of all the categories on my site with the headline FLEXI_ITEM.

I'm using FlexiContent 2 beta4 r934 and Joomla 1.7.

More
12 years 4 months ago #20236 by ggppdk
I have not tested latest changes with v2.0 beta, only with v1.5.6 , also try to purge and rebuild search index in the backend. Do not set the title and description to be advanced searchable.

This is the only new feature that is incomplete, so avoid using it for now

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 4 months ago #20421 by pshoeg
Hi,

I finally got the standard search to work - almost. I get results with SEF links and everything, but whenever I use the search, I get the following error:
Code:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../domain.com/components/com_flexicontent/helpers/route.php on line 77

Line 77 in route.php says:
Code:
$activemenuItemId = $activemenuItem->id;

Any idea what's wrong?

More
12 years 4 months ago #20426 by ggppdk
You have error_reporting to maximum , the notices may indicate a logical programming error. That is their purpose, in this case it is an uninitialized variable, i will check by end of week, i hope to get time to finish it.

Please get latest build of v2.0 beta since i added some code i had forgotten

And always rebuild index if you enable advanced search mode for some field.

Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #20438 by pshoeg
I am already using r960, and I'm not using advanced search. It seems the error only appears if there's more than one page of results.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline