Profile management

More
10 years 1 month ago #45697 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Profile management

It is very hard to understand what you are asking when you do not use proper terms.

FLEXIcontent does not have articles, profiles, reports, published news, or teachers.

FLEXIcontent does have items, types, authors, and fields.

Please use the proper terms to describe what you are asking so people do not have to try and translate what you are saying in order to guess what you mean.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45698 by milind.purandare
Replied by milind.purandare on topic Profile management
My bad :(

My apologies!

Will be careful! :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #45704 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Profile management
Hello

it is just this, the more clear/good description, you make, the more easy it will be to help you

also sometimes due to time constraints, it is difficult for us to spend a lot of time, trying to understand some description, as a result you may not get a good/helpful answer

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45706 by milind.purandare
I have following types:
TeacherType
StudentType
ReportType

I have Following Categories:
TeacherCategory
StudentCategory
ReportCategory

When a user registers, I am creating a SINGLE item of either TeacherType or StudentType and marking it as created by that user (and not by superuser). I am also connecting it to 'Author Description Item' of that user.

A teacher can create any number of item of ReportType.

I want to display reports created by ALL teachers on a page. Which I do by using a FlexiMenu of Category ReportCategory.

However in each item displayed of ReportType I want to display link to the TeacherType Item (as mentioned earlier would have single teachertype item per user who is a teacher) belonging to the teacher who created the report.

This is possible with a relation/ reverse relation field.

If I create a Teacherfield in Type ReportType which is a RELATION Scoped of TYPE (TeacherType) the objective is achieved.

BUT the challenge is that when the Teacher saves the report, how do I automatically save value to the TeacherField field in the

ReportType ITEM being saved? (I will hide the field display in front end)

Or should I use the SELECT type of field only? What should be the SQL in this case?

Please help me with the approach.

Thank a million in anticipation of a response.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45707 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Profile management
Hello

i think i understand you now

1. so every teacher OWNs/has an item of content Type "TeacherType", which is set to be his/her "Author Description Item" (=his/her "profile" details)

2. For every item of Type "ReportType", that teacher creates/owns you want to link to his "description/profile" item, right ?

-- if my above understanding of what you described is correct, then it is best not to create a relation field at ALL, because it is unnecessary duplication of already known/stored information

1. the best would be that FLEXIcontent itself should have a field called,

2. the "User Profile info"
that will link to his/her "author description item" and besides linking, it should also display any other selected fields, e.g. image, etc

3. We must rename the "author description item" to "FLEXIcontent user-profile item"

so is my above understanding of your description correct?
(just this work is planned for v2.2.0 BETA immediately after v2.1.3 final, coming out ASAP)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45708 by milind.purandare
Yes the understanding is correct :)

So I should just hold on for now for the release?

Or it is possible to show the teacher info in report now also?

I can wait a bit if needed.. :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline