Supprimer /item/ de l'url

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #34917 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Supprimer /item/ de l'url
Hello,
about "Joomla has not done it" ... it has not ...
-- i meant 1-segment length when having no menu item, the Joomla SEF links are 2 segment length like it is for FC (please read below)

=============================================

To make you a very short answer:

-- In FLEXIcontent you can remove the 'item' if you have a category-id before it (please read below)

-- So where are these links with 'item' created and i will change/"fix" them to include a categoryid+categoryalias and not include "item"

a. in category view? which template?
b. in our FLEXIcontent universal module ?
c. other? where?

=====================================================

1. The effect in Google Ranking of the extra segment "item" in URL is debatable, it is not an extra level in linking inside your site, so it pauses no problem to the Google Crawler

-- ... about effecting the ranking because being common i cannot be 100% sure, Google does not say that it does, (please provide link)

-- Google when talking about URL structure describes problems that effect their crawler

2. When i said "joomla has not done" i meant you cannot have a single LAST segment at the last part of the SEF link

Joomla SEF URL when not having a direct menu items to the article is

.../catid-catalias/articleid-articlealias.html

AND SAME is for FLEXIcontent:

.../catid-catalias/itemid-itemalias.html

so joomla HAS NOT DONE it, it needs category-id before article id in the segments of the URL

So why does it appear in FLEXIcontent :

a. FLEXIcontent allows multiple category, URL via different categories inherit parameters and can be effected in their display.
b. The 'item' will appear only IF we do not provide a category-id when creating the ITEM (article) URL,
c. So you can remove the 'item' if when creating the SEF link you also provide a category link,

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline